Jeffrey R. Miller, Esq.
Jeffrey Miller is a native of Brooklyn, New York with strong ties to the legal community. Jeffrey has aggressively and successfully represented companies and individuals in legal proceedings before: the United States District Courts, New York State Trial and Appellate Courts, the New York State Attorney General, City and County Departments of Consumer Affairs, and the Better Business Bureau.
Whether negotiating fair and reasonable contracts, resolving disputes outside of court, or litigating, Jeffrey’s extensive knowledge and experience on a broad range of complex commercial litigation matters, renders him an invaluable asset to his clients.
A recipient of the Anti Defamation League’s Belkin Award for his pro-bono work on Civil Rights matters, Jeffrey was appointed to Brooklyn’s Community Board 18 by Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz and Councilman Lewis Fidler.
Jeffrey has participated in numerous clinical and pro-bono programs and was selected by Barry Scheck to participate in the internationally renowned, “Innocence Project” while a student at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law.
Admitted to Practice
• United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
• United States District Courts for the District of New Jersey
• State Courts of New York and New Jersey
• United States Supreme Court
Affiliations and Bar Association Committee Assignments
• Trustee of the Brooklyn Bar Association
• Civil Court Committee of the City of New York of the Brooklyn Bar Association, Chairman
• Commercial Law Committee of the Brooklyn Bar Association, Vice Chairman
• General Practice Section Committee of the Brooklyn Bar Association, Member
• Grievance Committee of the Brooklyn Bar Association, Member
• Judiciary Committee of the Brooklyn Bar Association, Member
• Tort Law Committee of the Brooklyn Bar Association, Member
CLE Seminars & Speaking Engagements Presented
• Appellate Argument, Panelist in Presentation for Inns of Court
• Article 81 and the Criminal Law, Panelist in Presentation for Inns of Court
• Boutique Firm Practitioner, Panelist in Presentation for Cardozo Law School Business Society
• Ethical Problems Commonly Encountered by Practitioners, Panelist in Presentation for Inns of Court
• Inadvertent Disclosure in Discovery, Panelist in Presentation for Inns of Court
• Litigating with the Pro Se, Panelist in Presentation for Brooklyn Bar Association
• Personal Injury Lawyers Guide to Surrogates, Panelist in Presentation for Inns of Court
• Reel Justice: Ethical Issues in the Movies, Panelist in Presentation for Inns of Court
• Social Not-working: When Myspace Becomes Your Problem, Panelist in Presentation for Inns of Court
• Structured Settlements of Tort Claims, Presentation for Inns of Court
• Bergen Beach Civic Association, Vice President
• Community Board 18, Member
• The Nathan R. Sobel-Kings County American Inn of Court, Barrister
• New York State Fraternal Order of Police Surgeons’ Lodge SA03, Counsel
• University of Maryland
• Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
• “Am I Entitled To A Receipt?”, Published in the The NYC Informer
• “Bad Faith in New York”, Published in Defendant Magazine
• “Continuing Care Exception in Medical Malpractice”, Published in Defendant Magazine
• “Unknown Judgments – What Can I Do?”, Published in the The NYC Informer
1. Please note that not all affiliations and committee assignments may be current.